Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday and I am actually happy

I love when you have a great weekend - Monday morning doesn't seem so bad. Plus it is sunny outside so  -- double my happiness.

Well I made it through the week without crying about not being able to attend the family reunion, now I know I made the right choice by staying home. I just have such fond memories of Montauk and some great stories. Montauk used to be the tiny little fishing town - my dad said it is all NYC young kids now, so maybe it is better to remember how great a place is opposed to finding out how much it has changed (not for the better).

I lived in NYC and my friend Jenny and I would hop on a train or take the Jitney out to Montauk every weekend and stay with either my Aunt Maureen or Aunt Mary (yes, freeloaders!) One weekend, a friend of ours invited us to a party on the Beach in Amagansett and we went. There were all these women running around with their tops off - and my friend Jenny said, "ugh, look at these chicks, watch this - I'm going to go bottomless..." And she did, and if you know Jenny - it was quite amusing and funny. I bet everyone who was there still talks about it to this day - I know I do.

I think it was that same weekend that we decided to go out for a walk on the beach at night and we were with our friend Jon. There were all these kids down there with bomb fires and we heard - "ew, old people." Of course we turned around and started to look for these "old people" - come to find out we were the OLD PEOPLE!! I think we were 29 or something like that. Can't imagine walking down there now - they'd think I was a senior citizen.

I will always love Montauk and I do hope I get to share that magical place with my son soon but right now my home and life is in Seattle. It may be a little boring but it is where my heart is and of course the loves of life. I will always have stories - and I've got a million of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment