Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I like to spend money

I thought that if I moved away from NYC I would not have my shopping disease - but I still do. It may be a little different - no more gowns, $22 drinks, ridiculous bags and shoes - but man, is it easy buying online these days.

Sometimes I will be in the hallway and go, I need...and I go to my computer and login to my go-to online store - http://www.amazon.com - when you have the prime account and most everything ships for free the next day, why wouldn't I go there? I wish I liked people more but Costco freaks me out - I think it's the parking lot more than anything - no one knows how to park and they are all too busy looking for a parking spot that I have had to dodge a few cars - no thank you. So now I just order that stuff online as well - toilet paper in bulk - no problem, diapers in bulk - no problem. Although it is a bit embarrassing when you get home and there is a big Charmin box on your front porch. Oh well. My husband has gotten to the point that he is surprised when there isn't an amazon box on our porch.

The other site that is great for when you have little ones is http://www.zulilly.com - I buy so many things from there because stupid me downloaded the App on my phone. When I am bored - I don't play games on my phone - I go to this site to see what the deal of the day is. It is such unique, fun things for my son - and I've even bought myself some cool things as well. It is not cheap quality so it is not dirt cheap but well worth it. The only issue is that the shipping takes quite a long time and then I forgot that I bought something and then when it comes - I am like when did I buy this? But some can say it is a bit like Christmas then...ha!

My husband and I have been talking about me taking a year off next year but I need to save money in order to do so and so far with these two sites I may be working for the next 20 years...ugh. But at least it is no longer booze I am spending money on like I did in my 20's - it's toilet paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment