Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Technology - lost without it today

This is day two of not having my work email or access to all my documents. To say the least, painful. I am trying to keep myself busy but everything leads back to my desktop and I can't help anyone with anything because I can't get to it.

I grew up in the late 70s and 80s - so I did not grow up with computers so why is it my life now revolves around them? I look at my niece who is 10 and she already has an iPhone - I am trying to remember what I even had at 10 - a bike? My parents were parents that let us watch TV and we even had HBO and Cinemax. I think we also had Intellivision as our game system and later my brother got Atari but that wasn't until late 80s. We were hip!

I remember my brother had tons of tapes and you would have to sit and rewind to your favorite song and rewind again to hear it again - and then have to hit fast forward because you went too far back. And the best was recording music off the radio - the quality was so crappy but you got to hear your favorite songs. Let's not even talk about MTV - I would dance to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" every time it came on. I also had the Walkman and the tiny radio with ear phones. Even when I moved to NYC I used a radio to walk to work with - I would listen to Howard Stern in the morning and laugh all 2 miles. I would pass people - and they would say - are you listening to Howard Stern? He was funny back then when he was on the radio - I think that's why I pay for Sirius today.

And yes, I did get the first edition iPod - all 10 lbs of it. I don't even know if people really buy those anymore but I still have several because I had bought the Bose systems that go with the iPod (not the 5 series with the new outlet). They still work but do not play nicely with my Air book so my music is probably 7 years old that is on it. Thankfully I grew up with hippies and most of that music came from the 60's and 70's so I am not listening to horrible 2007 songs.

Ok, I have to figure out who my next meeting is with and what conference room I am supposed to be in. I guess I will go back to a paper calendar after this slight incident. I am so lost this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment