Monday, August 11, 2014

Hoping to find some brain cells in Vancouver, BC

Why can't I remember things like I used to? For example, I swear that my passport expired at the end of this year but my husband and I are planning a trip to Vancouver, BC and I go to get my passport and states EXP. 2013. I always was on top of things like that before. Now instead of going in a few weeks, I have to wait awhile for things to come in the mail. And because I need to change my name, I can't do one of those quick turnaround ones. Oh well - just makes for a grumpy husband.

Another thing is taxes - I would always go Feb. 15th and then I get married and I have an extension on it this year. Trying to get all my husband's information is like pulling teeth. I don't know why he is such a slacker on it - maybe because I forget to remind him when I should be.

I had more brain cells when I lived in NYC and drank every day - I am telling you having a one year old that likes to wake up 4 to 8 times a night is killing what I have left of brain cells. I have one of those kids that doesn't nap either. I remember people saying sleep when your baby sleeps - what 20 mins is supposed to make up for the 3 hours a sleep a day? Some days I am lucky I show up to work with pants on.

I think for a month now I have been trying to bring my little tea pot to work so I don't have to walk 1000 yards to get more hot water. Mommy needs caffeine!! I even stared at it this morning on my kitchen counter - but I had to remember my child, so I forgot the teapot.

If it wasn't for post-it notes (yes, I still use those) - my work life would be a disaster. I post things every where or add things to my calendar to constantly remind me. People are probably wondering why I have so many private appointments during the day but there is no way I am letting people read that I need to remember to eat. Actually that isn't one I have to put on there - I ALWAYS remember to eat.

Back to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. I have been many times to Vancouver and have done the normal touristy things - Stanley Park, Dim Sum, etc. But do people have suggestions that are outside of the box or because they live there, know of secret things? And I have never been to Vancouver Island but I hear it is beautiful this time of year. Do people have suggestions for me - and yes, I will write them down on my post-it notes so I don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment