Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My Brother

Weird how your day can totally change in a single minute. Today wasn't bad - everyone at work had gone to a baseball game and my boss was at a conference so it was a good day at the office. I came home early to take a nap. When I woke up my sister-in-law had texted that my brother tested positive for skin cancer and today he went in to get a bigger chunk out to see if it is melanoma. It is 50/50 chance of being melanoma. My older brother has always taken care of me and now my world just stood still.
I have been spoiled with an older brother who has taken me in when I needed places to live - once when I just graduated college and wasn't sure what I wanted to do and then when I was older and lost. I needed to move out of the city and I didn't know where to go - his wife and him welcomed me with open arms. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be in Seattle now with a wonderful husband and a little boy.
I need to think positive thoughts and hope for the best. I love my brother and he is such a good brother, son, father and husband. Please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment